Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ostriches, Elephants, and Zebra, oh my! - Leg 7

Once again it's time for the Amazing Race. Now I have to admit, after all the excitement of last week's episode, I'm skeptical that this week can be nearly as exciting. But we'll have to see.

Today's side-comment from the introductions, I enjoy the Amazing Race theme music, though I'm not sure why. It's not like they use it for much other than the credits, but it's catchy.

More driving through the desert. Rob's quote of the game "At this point the gloves are off... we have no friends left in this game." Again, I ask the people of the jury, did they EVER have any friends in this game? Or is he talking just to keep his mouth moving.

"Big bucks, big bucks, no whammies!" THAT is awesome! Press Your Luck was one of the greatest game shows... ah, the memories. Er... yeah, the race... right...

Detour: Carry it or milk it. Carrying food balanced on their head, or milking a goat. Hmmm... now that's a challenge. Now I have pretty good balance, but I don't know if I could balance a bucket of water on my head very easily.

First rule of the race... read ALL of the instructions in the envelope. Is that so hard? So many people would be much better off if they just did that.

Hmmm... grab the goat by the horns? haha... OK, milking the goats is the most hilarious thing. But WHOA, can Uchenna and Joyce carry stuff on their heads. "They're born to do that" says the boyfriends. Well, as questionable taste as that comment was made, it seems to be true. Definite credit to U&J on that one.

And more driving and Lynn and Alex' car breaks down. A new vehicle arrives shortly. So far, I think it's safe to say that it's not a glowing advertisement for Land Rover. If it's any consolation, it looks like Gretchen and Meredith are lost in BFE. But they really aren't... just some strategic editing by the producers. Touche.

And Ron and Kelly, along with Rob and Amber arrive at the roadblock at the same time. Now it's time for the extreme driving challenge, through a real roadblock. Through the croc infested swamp... followed by pulling a bunch of logs off the roadway. The logs were a bit of a stretch for me... why not just drive around them? hmmm...

Now I'm no lawyer... but I think there is a clear distinction between removing the post, and removing the flag from the post. And the careful zoom-in by the cameraman on the post tends me to think that Uchenna may be in trouble for that one.

And Rob and Amber are first ones off from the roadblock... heading to a lovely safari lodge that looks like the Hilton compared to where they just came from.

Now Lynn and Alex, currently on Land Rover #2, break ANOTHER car. Along comes yet another vehicle from the producers seemingly endless fleet of Land Rovers.

Doh! Those seven words I hate to hear once again "Rob and Amber, You're Team Number One!". Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until next week to see them lose. And just as expected, Uchenna and Joyce are the 3rd team to arrive, but are denied admission to the magic carpet because they did not remove the pole. And back they go 9 miles to the roadblock. They make it back in excellent time and then make it back to lock in the 3rd team to arrive. But don't feel too embarassed, because Gretchen and Meredith forgot to grab their clue, and have to go back to the roadblock once again to fetch the clue. Somehow I don't think they will make it back in time...

"Lynn and Alex, you're team number four. " L&A: "WHAT?!" That was classic. That should make the highlight reel. Never assume you're last.

And the brothers think they can outsmart Phil by wearing swimsuits and guilting Phil into keeping them in the race. But it won't work, and the brothers become the latest victim of the amazing race. Tragic... seeing as my latest favorites have been eliminated I have to find a new team to cheer for. I guess it's Uchenna and Joyce, or Gretchen and Meredith. G&M keep sliding into second to last place, but unfortunately I think their luck will run out. But for now, I'll choose both of these teams as my favorites. We'll see what mayhem ensues next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home