Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Amazing Race 7 - Leg 2

So the second leg of the Amazing Race 7... what a crazy episode.

I know I never got a blog about the first leg, so I'll just include my thoughts of the teams here.

First, if I have to hear "rapido" one more time... I think I'll shoot myself. What it must be like to be a taxi driver with those AR contestants in the back seat... "MOVE! Mas rapido! FAST FAST FAST!" I think I liked it better in AR6 in China, because not one person had a clue how to say "go faster" in Chinese, but somehow EVERYONE is a spanish expert. Ugh. Get out of my taxi, no soup for you.

Now, may I just say how convoluded the route the race goes. First, they start in Lima, Peru, and take 400 mile bus ride to Arequipa. From there, they take a plane to Santiago, Chile, by going BACK to Lima, and then to Buenos Aires. That's what I call a trip.

Rob and Amber are instantly on my "you need to lose" list. I don't think they'll win, but I'm confident they'll be around for quite a while. They are smart players who know what they're doing.... but I don't like mean people. There's only so much I can put up with. They are definitely my odds-on favorite to be yielded at the first opportunity.

Susan and Patrick (aka the mom with her gay son) confused me. HOW did they run out of money? It looked more like they HAD money, but just didn't convert it. So much for the pompous America-centric world where EVERYONE takes the good 'ole dollar. :P

I'm convinced that the boyfriends, Lynn & Alex, are going to go postal before the race is over. They are WAY too much drama for two people. The way they went off on the people at the fish market was priceless.... but I think that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Speaking of the roadblock.... what's up with that? I really can't see WHY anyone would have picked the shop over the schlep. Moving 180 books 6 blocks, doesn't seem too bad... buying 5 items at an unfamiliar market using your OWN money... seems like a no brainer to me which one to choose. And considering the first 4 teams in were the ones who hauled the books, I think that seals the deal.

It's a shame, so far my favorite teams are a) eliminated, or b) in last place. My early favorite the hillbillies were eliminated in the first leg, but now I have to say I think the brothers Brian and Greg are entertaining. They're just having fun... I approve of that.

Then we have the old people... Meredith and Gretchen. They seem to have a good chance, but had a brief lapse in the common sense department. Still, not the worst team out there... but they definitely will not be winning. I think they need a little more endurance to keep up with the "kids".

I will say how interesting it is that the people in Chile seem to speak a LOT of English. Then again, anytime you go to tourist-type places you see plenty of English speaking people. So I guess that's what happens.

I'll see if I have any more thoughts later. But for now that's my recap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Roberts said...

I agree... I think Gretchen and Meredith are going to pass out before this race is over... Maybe we will get to see a hospital in a foreign country. That would be fun! Welcome to the world of blogging bro! Let's see if you can keep up with me!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jonell said...

Yeah, I don't like Rob & Amber at all--and what was up with the person "helping" them in the first leg? You know it was some CBS Executive who was making sure that they wouldn't be eliminated. I mean, people are watching to see how they do. Ridiculous.

Lynn & Alex--yes, too much drama. I don't care if they're gay or not, just way too much drama. Did you see them shine the shoes? ACK.

I'm glad that the Barbie Twins got eliminated, one of them freaked out on the way to LAX, that was pathetic.

And yes, I agree about the books vs. market. HELLO! That's crazy!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home