Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Welcome!

Welcome to my Amazing Race 7 Travelblog. This blog is dedicated to my ongoing week-to-week ramblings from watching the Amazing Race.

I'm writing this a week after watching the season premiere, so it lacks much detail. But considering the premiere was an hour of excitement stretched out into two excrutiating hours of television, I don't think much was missed. The teams were definitely eclectic, though many have their parallel teams from AR6.

A few short notes from the start of the race... I've been to LAX many times, and if I recall correctly, it's not too hard to find considering how many signs there are pointing you to it. How people get lost in their cars trying to find it is beyond my comprehension.

Zip lining: fun. I bet that was the teams' first real initiation to the Race. Funny to watch their reactions though.

Too bad for the hillbilly best friends... they were a riot. I wish they weren't eliminated, but oh well. That must be just about the most frustrating things ever... you've gone through probably half a dozen interviews/auditions, gotten yourself all prepped and ready to go on the Race, and all ready with hopes of $1M in your mind... and bam, eliminated on the first leg. I think I would be far less concerned with winning than just not being eliminated until the end.

Regardless, where AR6 took the Northern hemisphere around the globe, it looks like AR7 is going to be traversing the southern hemisphere. Probably a few legs travelling throughout South America before they hop over to Africa. But wouldn't it be a novel idea if instead of going East, they travel West around the world. That could make things a lot more interesting. I think we're nuts always thinking of things in a left-to-right orientation. Something to look forward to at least.

Oh well, on to Leg 2 of the Amazing Race 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home