Tuesday, March 29, 2005

African Safari - Leg 6

[note: this week's 2-part episode is in two separate blogs. Read down for the first half of the episode then come back for this one.]

Now it's leg 6, wasting no time in this two-hour episode. And may I just say I'm glad that it wasn't two hours for them to make it through one leg of the race. This makes me happy.

So it looks like we're going to be feeding the lions... that could get interesting. Gretchen and Meredith are last out, but was it just me or were they NOT wearing the same clothes they were wearing when they finished the last leg? Hmmm... something seems fishy. OH! Uchenna and Joyce brought the old people a bag of clothes... that's very nice. That's an alliance that's sure not to be forgotten.
"We're starting the 'Save the rhino fund... and that's no lion'" haha. Gretchen still hilarious as she's asking the other teams for money. As expected, our ex-castaways will have no part of helping any other team. Just goes to show that there are vastly different personalities who audition for Survivor versus the Amazing Race. And for that, I say, let the ex-castaways be cast away.

And we're flying off to Botswana. What airline do you take? Air Botswana of course! I wonder what their motto is... I think it should be "Your Botswana be in our seats!" (if you didn't get that, try saying it outloud. :) ) And Lynn and Alex are stuck in the ghetto of Johannesburg.

And it's the quote of the episode... from none other than our good friend Wile E. Coyote, er... Rob. "I'm done being nice." HA! I say you cannot be done being nice, if you have never been nice in the first place. Praise Lynn and Alex for feeding Rob and Amber the same BS that they've been feeding everyone else.

The roadblock is to spear a moving target.. and who is in last place? ROB AND AMBER! And the commoners rejoiced... (yay!). Only briefly, as Rob becomes a menace on the road to slide from 7th in to 4th place.

Wow... that was a spectacular car flip that the brothers made! That can't be helpful for their progress though. Oh my, and the camera man is injured. That's bad news... things are not good for them. Once again, it says something that every team that passed them stopped and checked on them... except Rob and Amber.

Detour... Food or Water... grinding corn or sucking up water. Hmmm... who cares!

And on to the pit stop... some cots they have set up out in the middle of nowhere! This is classic! Check Botswana off of my "places I want to go before I die" list. In fact, add it to the "places I never want to go unless I'm on the Amazing Race" list. Rob and Amber are team number two... and Phil does a nice job of subtly asking them if they stopped to check on the brothers. Good times, good times.

WOW... and a foot race for the last team in. Ray and Deana go from first place to last place as they are literally outrun by the brothers. And their cameraman is going to be OK... what a relief.

WAY TO GO! My compliments to the producers on a great episode. THIS is one I would watch again... if you missed it... well... you missed it. See what happens next week! Woot!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home