Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Amazing Race 7 - Leg 3

This week's blog is brought to you by the Travelocity Travel Gnome. Gotta love that accent... now if I could just figure out what bizarro country he's from... "Bull Honkery!"

A bit of a change from past blogs, this one I'm writing in real-time as I'm watching the show... so don't be confused by the stream-of-consciousness writing here.

Starting out in Santiago, Chile. It looked like Rob and Amber were WAY ahead at the end of the last leg... it would seem that they really are. And we're off, driving to Argentina. And a Yield is ahead... I wonder who might be yielded.

Oooh, the third leg, and we've got relationships on the rocks already. Is being on the Race a recipe for enduring love, or relationship disaster? Tomorrow on Oprah...

WHOA... too much information from the old people. Don't need to know about your personal life.... don't need to hear about any mouth-t0-mouth resuscitation. No no no.

From now on I will refer to Rob as "Wile E. Coyote". Picture him with his backpack full of crafty tricks from the ACME supply company, yet every time he tries to be crafty and stay one step ahead of the Road Runner... the Road Runner zips right past him with a taunting "meep meep".

Flashback to Los Angeles trying to find LAX and everyone gets lost. I realize the signs are all in Spanish, but honestly, is it so difficult to read a map? Perhaps road signs aren't quite as good or abundant.

And we reach the yield. Darn, Wile E. Coyote got there first so can't make it.

Paddle down the river? Sounds difficult. Pedal down the traintracks? Sounds like the easier solution to me. But what do I know? In impressive form the brothers have pulled all the way from last place into 3rd place, and they decide to pedal. Who would have known they'd get a flat tire? I still think it was the better choice.

Now, I've made some wrong turns in my life, and yes, perhaps I found myself a half-hour down the road before I realize I'm not where I'm supposed to be. But tell me how Debbie and Bianca find that they have been going the wrong way for TWO HOURS?! "Look at the beautiful ocean... is this the Andes mountains?" That's the ballgame, folks.

As Joe Rogan would say, this roadblock was designed and supervised by trained professionals, and should not be attempted by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Time to eat half a cow... and oh, not just the tasty parts, but also the... zestier parts. Mmm. Uh-oh... that smug smile on Rob's face is fading fast. I guess starving himself on Survivor hasn't prepared him for eating 4 pounds of the finest parts of the cow. With everyone quitting, it looks like those who can finish it will have the certain advantage! HEY Pepto Bismol! Go Uchenna... head for the pit stop!

And the boyfriends Lynn and Alex slide into the pitstop in first place. Way to go... I support that!

And finally Susan and Patrick make it to the roadblock. Their only reasonable chance to avoid elimination is to finish the food in 4 hours. Now, if they would stop arguing and start shoving food in your face, they might have a chance. Oh wait, Debbit and Bianca were still behind them? How'd I miss that? Oh well... it's to the point where I don't care who gets eliminated anymore... somehow I don't think that's what the producers' goal was.

Overall, not impressed with this episode. However, I think that Meredith and Gretchen are the silent killers in this race. Over 3 legs, they have consistently managed to stay in the thick of things by being slow, smart, and steady. The only leg you need to win is the last one.

Until next week...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonell said...

Even though I didn't get to watch, I'm glad that the scary best-friends are eliminated.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home